Sunday, November 04, 2007

i've been reading blogs again.

this time, i've come with inspiration. Or rather, i've been thinking these few days.

just yesterday, my english tuition gave us the topics for the commonwealth essay.
i've managed to come up with quite a fair bit of ideas for the word "blue"
i'm this very analogy-ish kind of person (i'm sure you'll agree?) maybe i'll type it out in a post if i'm satisfied. we'll see.

differences in society?

lets link it to my blog-hopping subject.

due to some unknown reasons, i suddenly had this urge to visit blogs of students from the more elite schools in singapore, and i've noticed a certain bond they share, with their school, their classmates and their other mates.

most of their blogs bear long and meaningful posts about graduation, ending with a sentence "i'll never be able to walk down these corridors again". i've been strangely inspired by these heartfelt yet normal posts, why? why is it that students from our school leave with a different attitude, somewhere along the lines of "i'm finally leaving this school!"?

looking back at my posts, i've somewhat felt a tinge of guilt in me, for writing that post about our principal. Surely, it is not just a person's fault that we all detest our school that much? Is it pressure? Pressure to do well in everything? To spend time in our ccas and still be expected to ace in our studies? I don't understand. I really don't. Or is it really that a person can change everything? Leekuanyew did. Maybe our school's doing just the opposite.

While i blogged those feelings out the other day, i had actually been slightly..jealous. Jealous of how these schools are able to love their school so much, not just their friends, but their school as well.

I mean, how? Somebody nice please give me some answers, i'd really love to have a whole new mindset and enjoy my remaining year in anglican high.


Meanwhile, I shall put my holidays to full usage, buck up on my mathematics and everything.

Yesterday, i talked to a senior, who told me he's failed maths in secondary three in almost every single test, yet was still able to score in his O's. Hard work, of course. How did i ever waste my time in the past year, nonchalantly thinking I could pass without much studying?

I've realised i'm more or less, a half- all rounded person. why half?

I'm doing rather okay in things like art, music, humanities, languages and sometimes, running. Not the sprinting kind though. Anyway, i count myself slightly above average in these things, just that i'm never the best in all these. therefore, Half- all rounded.

what I suck at most right now, is Maths. Maths related subjects. Funny thing is, i don't hate maths.

Although i go around telling people "maths sucks" or, "i hate maths", or even "maths is so dumb, i want to kill it". Let me tell you a secret. I actually enjoy doing maths.

Funny, yes. So what i'm going to do is, love maths once again like how i did in primary school, ace in my olevels and go to whatever JC i wish to go.




That's that, if i ever get an A1 for emaths and A2 for amaths for my olevels, do give me a big pat on the back :D

For the sake of my future, and my remaining days in Anglican High [one whole year!]




bytheway, my throat is still as bad as ever, i think i'll have to skip choir again and visit the doctor. We'll see how things go.

No comments: